Friday, March 24, 2006

Report to the General


General Ma'am: -1/2. This is a great feet when one considers how much Spring Break damage I had to over come. A week ago I was UP over 4 pounds!

I only have to work a few hours today so Ella and I are spending the day together. It's always so much nicer than having to deal with the after school snotty attitude. Man, those kids must get baaad attitudes there because sometimes when I pick up my child I don't even know who she is! She turns into a viscous, rude, whine-bag (not to be confused with a wine "bladder" manufactured for some of the better wineries, like Gallo).

Ron is feeling sick. He has an interesting assortment of symptoms and has been spending most of his time on the couch yesterday and today. I hope the fella gets feeling better by the weekend because the weather is going to be (it better be) sunny and warmer. Maybe even 40 degrees! We have some yard plans and need to get the garden ready soon. And I really need to be outside. I have a serious case of Spring Fever. Last weekend it was nice enough for E and I to spend time at a playground.

So. Back to work. I really like this job.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Ron, tell him to lay off the Coke for a spell, try mixing with coffee, fantastic! We enjoyed the dregs of the gallon of Cap'n he left behind, thanks. I am scale free at this point, but shit, those pants aren't fitting like they used to when I was stressed out and not eating.......hm? Anyway, the spring is upon us, we spent the day at the park, yeah!

Anonymous said...

I'm still stuck at -12 for the year's total. I'm trying to care, because 12 lbs is 12 lbs. Only problem is I fell on some ice a few weeks ago and my jeans now have a tear in the knee and if I only lost 10 more, I could buy a smaller pair. And why do I have to go down 10 more. I was in these jeans 12 pounds ago. Isn't it supposed to be one size = 10 pounds? Come to think of it, I have stuff in every size in my closet, so I wouldn't have to buy any. But since I'll be shopping in Chicago in a few weeks...Hmm.
I am creating a mental list for IKEA. I need to write it down soon. There was snain outside today. It remended me of our trip to the rainforest with you. I wanted to send a couple of the kids out to stand in large redwood trees, but two things prevented me. One was Mrs. Yoon's horrified expression when I suggested it, and two, we have a shortage of redwood trees in Iowa City.

phunmunki said...

I think I am giving up. Yes, just giving up..... jojopeeko, I want to be 10 more ounds less for the exact same reason! Or twenty five or so and be off this weight loss loop.