Tuesday, February 07, 2006

TuTuTuTuesday

I am done with winter. Done, I say. Finished. I want it over right now. I am sick of being cold all the freakin' time. If I had any money at all I would spend it all on insulating my damn cold drafty house. Brrr. And I need some more new windows for the main floor of the place. Basement windows would be swell, too. As crazy as it is, I am going to get another lottery ticket. I know my odds are piss poor, but is there any other conceivable way to get 50K? No.
Driving to work today in my Nissan reminded me that we really need to start budgeting for a car. I might be able to get a few more years out of that one, but it's over 12 years old and is due for brakes, some clutch work, and a tune up and oil change. I can barely afford to put the gas in it so am not sure when all this work will get done, but at least I know I need to do it, right? It still runs great and I want to keep it working well.
Oh, I need to have all my stuff together this week for my job. If yer sending a reference please get it in the mail tomorrow! I have to have everything turned in Friday. Thanks again to everyone who is helping. It's going to be a relief to be done and hired for real.
Besides winter, the other thing I am done with is my period. I am so sick if doing this every three weeks! I should just get pregnant again to take a menstrual vacation. I'll get a babysitter on the 20th and 21st and see what Ron and I can achieve.
Blah, back to work. I am sleepy and cold and want to crawl into a cozy bed.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that if you want to have money for a car and new windows then you shouldn't have a baby. Tampons are cheaper than diapers.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you're in the dumps and chilly chilly chilly this morning. Hey, at least I now know I'm not the only one on a three week cycle! Once you find out what the costs of daycare are, though, those thoughts of having another little one will melt away. The cheapest I was able to find for Claire is $60 a week for part time, $120 a week for full time. Two kids would be double that. I'll drop your letter of recommendation in the mail today.
Chris

phunmunki said...

yeah, okay, babies do cost money, but they are kind of nice to have. ANd I think it would benefit Ella to have a sibling. Who is she going to write to on Fridays about her life and weight?

LA said...

Eeegads about the windows! Bummer it's still chilly after the plasticing. I do hear you. Sometimes I think a beige new house would be just fine with it's new insulation and windows and such, but really...it would suck. I'd rather be cold. It's chilly here in the downstairs of our house. I try to not leave the upstairs unless it's a necessity. I swear little E is going to be tripped out when spring rolls around and we begin to loiter in the rest of the house. "Where did all of this come from?".
Still no P for me, but I kinda think it's going to be happening soon. It's just a hunch tho.
Diapers - way more expensive than 'pons. Also, you don't need to pay for 'pons education.

Anonymous said...

I don't know what they're talking about, babies are free!!!! Just forget about diapers and go for the "babies are born potty-trained method" (see LA's blog archives). As for the cold, we just crank up the heat and don't pay the bill...

I didn't know we were supposed to send a letter, I'll see what I can do. -<3

phunmunki said...

Ms. Fish, Don't worry about a letter, I can write you in as a phone contact. Our heat bill for January is $324, and the house was still drafty and cold. Just send your husband over to blow some insulation in my walls!

Anonymous said...

I recently learned that Wichita, Ks. has an undervalued housing market, coupled with much warmer weather. I think that if you move there you could afford a baby and a closer to new car. I just met with my Edward Jones financial guy who I had told that I needed input on planning for college expenses. He arrived at my home with a retirement calculator and said I need to let me kids pay for their own college, meanwhile I need to put $11,500 a year into retirement accounts if I want to retire at 65. Hmmmm, Hayley wishes I had never asked.

Anonymous said...

If you had enough babies, their body heat would warm up the house and you could also stuff them in the window cracks for time out.
I'm 3 weeks and 4 days. I think it changes to that once you turn 33. On a happy note, it will go away eventually and then you get hot flashes-that is when you appreciate the cold drafts in your home.
My quilts are going on e-bay soon. I found someone to sell them for me. We're starting with three, and then will add more later. Pray for me, or there will be lots of blankets in the Christmas grab bag this year.