We don't know what we are doing for the holidays. G-Peg had to have a little heart surgery last week. She seems to be recovering well and is back at her apartment. Ron is a little less stressed. Ella is becoming such a girl. Almost all the little baby has grown out of her and I am amazed and a little sad. She'll be four in four weeks. As with most folks, I am taking stock of all the year's changes. And I am trying my hardest not to get the Holiday Blues. I did not get all the things done this weekend that I hoped I would, but progress was made.
I overindulged in food, and am trying not to be too mean to myself about it. Why oh why is it so hard (mentally & physically) to be my correct weight? And why do I feel the need to blog about it? I have been told that sharing all this info with friends and family creates a supportive community for me to reach my goals. It's also a little embarrassing. Oh well. A little humility never killed a person, right?
I have been missing my friends. Perhaps it's the season that makes me lonely for conversation and company. I wish I could see Jenny, but she has disappeared into the North Woods of Minnesota. LA is far away, too. And all those people I miss in Seattle are Very Far Away. I am dwelling on this and should probably get my butt in gear and do something productive this morning. Like get the cat littler and cat food, go to the bank, and get ready for work. Idleness is not my pal.
Monday, December 12, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Holiday Blues does suck, but you also know that it shall pass- it does every single year. You guys can always come and visit us if you get the urge! We miss you all as well!!! Don't be too hard on yourself about the food. People eat and sometimes people eat too much, big deal. Just hop back on that horse and ride my dear!
I say, embrace the girl in Ella before you lose that to womanhood... and before that teenagehood, yikes.
I think I'm finally losing teenagehood and working my way towards womanhood. I feel like my mother more and more every day, for some odd reason. I also tend to be high when I get a "my mom laughs like that" moment. Maybe she's a stoner.
I should check into that.
Post a Comment