Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Freaky Weather & Politicians

We had some really freaky storms here yesterday evening. Hail, Wind, Sunshine, More Hail, More Wind... We thought the orange sky and double rainbow rain break was quite pretty so we all went out to take some pictures. Too bad only one rainbow showed up in the picture... Along with our GLOWING Blind Pedestrian Area sign, which does not really glow, but looks impressive in the picture.
Our burning bush is quite fiery these days. I kind of like the way the raindrops are glowing. Perhaps a reminder that acid rain is in our not too distant future? I really need to get out there and trim the hostas.
Ron and Nelson having a chat. I sure hope Mr. Eisman is elected as our Governor in November - Or at least gets 7% of the vote. In my limited knowledge opinion that would be a victory for the Green Party.

4 comments:

LA said...

That burning bush is really beautiful.
I hope we get to see your place before all of the leaves drop off the trees!!

Anonymous said...

What striking pictures! The one with the orange sky is riveting, even with the glowing sign. Report for the week, up +3. That's not good, huh? Darn Renaissance Festival over the weekend along with the onset of the monthlies has swollen my butt, apparently. Still, Chris and I had a GREAT time and we're both looking forward to going again next year.

Good news! Claire took her first steps last night! I was wiping down the table after supper and she was standing there talking to me and watching, then she just walked forward five steps to hang onto the door frame. I was so excited and proud of her!

phunmunki said...

+3 is a minor set back due to a great time and a fun farewell to summer. You'll drop it. I am afraid I am going to be the same, but won't know till tomorrow. Thanks for that test thing. I wish I could watch your lil' darling walk! Isn't it almost her birthday? Or am I stuck in a forgetfull mindwarp?

Anonymous said...

She'll be two years old next May. Yup, it's taken her 17 months to decide that walking is a good idea. Ah, well...kids. The good thing about being up 3 is that it's motivation to get my ass back on the straight & narrow and, um, actually STAY within my points range for seven straight days, perhaps? We'll see!

later lovey,
Chris