All those chores are done except putting away the laundry. Sometimes I wish we just had one GIANT closet and three dressers in an all family changing room. It would simplify the laundry/getting dressed process. There is a house I want to buy on Elmwood Ave that, I think, could accommodate this plan. And it's "only" $157,000.I really want to buy that house. I LOVE that house. It only needs a bit of fixing up: all new plumbing, all new heating, many wall repairs, a new stove. The rest is cosmetic.... Besides fixing the wholes in the lathe and plaster walls. And some work in the basement. Really, it's a steal of a deal if we could buy it for $120,000. And had $50k immediately available to put into it. And it really is my dream home. If I try and imagine what kind of house I want it always ends up being a place like that. I forgot to mention that the entire chiminey(s) need to be redone... so add another $10k. Shit. I'll never get that house. Oops, I also forgot that it is entirely nob and tube wiring. That's gotta go.
I guess I should go too.
Saturday, October 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You're house is perfect. Oh- and it's all equity, so have fun. Sorry I've been in another world. I will try to find some time to call and chat. I was planning on visiting over our Fall Break, but Anna Haustein is getting married on the Saturday, and it will be the wedding of the century.
The housing market here is not like other places, so some improvements are only worth the immediate benefit to us. I mean, our house will only sell for a certain amount no matter how spiffy we make it. We could dump in loads of improvements and still have the same max price. Oshkosh is a bit of a buyers market for sure. I hope you have a great time at the wedding! We would love to hear from you.
Post a Comment