Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Knitting Update

Tomorrow is stitch-n-bitch and I am very pleased to report that I will be, if everything goes according to schedule, finishing Eleanor's sweater. I don't have a picture of it right now because I am at work, but all that needs to be done is sewing it together and finishing the neck. Done. It does look like it's home made, by a beginner, but it is and I am proud that my very first knitting effort did, in fact, yield a sweater for my child. I think for my next project I will make her a matching hat and scarf set. Maybe I'll attempt mittens! I figure I had to learn almost every skill to do the sweater, so I should be able to figure out most patterns. As long as I don't have to change yarn or make animal patterns. One color and I'm capable!
I'll post a picture of the finished job Thursday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thursday Report: down -6. This, however, is due mainly to the fact that the day before yesterday the entire contents of my lower intestine emptied out of my ass like Niagra Falls. Everything in my upper intestinal track took the "high road" and came out the other end. It was not a pleasant way to get a good scale result and I can't say that I recommend the flu as a weight-loss aid. Definitely NOT a fan!
Chris

phunmunki said...

Oh my, I am so very sorry to hear about the flu. I suppose it is that time of year. I hope Clair does not get sick. I am hoping to be down a little tomorrow morning. It's been a while since I've felt like progress has been made, but I think this could be my week.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the good thoughts - it was only a 24 hour bug and I felt like a million bucks the next day. Skinny, too!

POOR CLAIRE!!! On Sunday night she came down with the flu before either of us did. We were all sitting at dinner and I had just fed her the first bite of her food when she got this really distressed look on her face, leaned over her tray and threw up everything she had in her. It took about four or five good heaves. She was so freaked out she didn't even cry, she just sat there looking at me, covered in puke, with an expression on her face that said, "Mommy, help me!" We got her changed and cleaned up, then about a half hour later she threw up the two ounces of milk she'd gotten down. Over the next three days she's had nasty diahrreah and has been very listless and clingy, not my happy little baby at all. She's not had much of an appetite except for the mornings but the good news is that she hasn't thrown up again since that first night.

It's just AWFUL having a sick baby. I just wish I could make her better! Hopefully by the end of this weekend she'll be back to her sweet self.

phunmunki said...

My best wishes for a swift and full recovery. Poor little baby!