Thursday, April 20, 2006

Ella survived her shots. We did the whole 5 year old check up early and she passed all the tests. I can't believe she will be five...Now she is at work with me for the afternoon. We walked here and she picked dandelions the whole way. It is beautiful and sunny and warm. I have my office window open. Yay spring.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job Eleanor! So she passed all of her 5 yr tests and she's not even 4 1/2. wow. I'm happy to hear spring has sprung in Wisconsin. We pitched a tent in our backyard last week (sleeps 5)and filled it with Brio train toys, cars and car track and the toy kitchen and food. Now they stay outside. We even eat all meals except breakfast outside. I love "outside" weather. Thank goodness we don't have the mumps, yet. We have to be vaccinated for it before school starts so I hope that means we're all covered except my 2 infants. I was reading on MSN that the vaccine isn't effective on 10% of the population.
We've started powerwashing the house to get ready for paint. Also, I'm going to plant some trees in the front yard for shade and curb appeal- serious landscaping you know. I've never planted a tree at any of my properties- so I'm nervous about making the proper selection. It seems more serious than hostas and salvia.

phunmunki said...

Very industrious of you. I bet the kids totally enjoy having an out door play area. If I were a kid I would want to come to your day care for sure. Are you going to paint the same color? Plant some pretty flowering trees. Or my fav the Japanese Maple, you know with the dark red leaves... I just love that tree. Hey, thanks for sending those pictures. I am going to finish up that project tomorrow and mail you and Jo the results.

Anonymous said...

I don't get it, is she turning 5 early this year or what? Wasn't she born in January???

phunmunki said...

Uh, no, she will not be five early. She will have her birthday on January 11, just like the day she was born. She had her check up early so she could get her mumps shot and other inoculations. They are given between the ages of 4-6, and because of the recent mumps outbreak, we thought is best to just get them done now. Most kids in the U.S. get these shots around their 5th birthday before starting kindergarten. I just find it hard to believe she is going to be five ever. I still think of her as a baby, my very special baby...

Anonymous said...

when Eleanor is President she could declare a special early January 11, so she can have a birthday early if she wants.