Monday, April 03, 2006

Rainy Cold Monday

Well, the weekend turned out to be rainy and cold. Not freezing, though. And we, mostly Ron, got three more bags of leaves and yard waste filled. We have decided to make the yard a bit of a priority this spring mostly because that damn fence is so ugly and we have to clean out around it before we can paint. And we need to fix our gates. I just think it would be nice if I could send Ella out back to play and not worry about her finding some strange piece of garbage, broken glass, or a stranger who takes her away from me. In other words, I want her to have a pretty and safe place to play with her friends. I am hoping that the weather will allow us to have a few evenings of yard work this week to clean up outside the fence and around the rest of the house. As mentioned before, we get a lot of garbage from the street due to our corner location. And people in Oshkosh are messier, much much messier, than other places I have lived. One nice thing, though, is they have free yard waste pick up once a month! And for our neighborhood it is this Friday.
Oh, I have some good news and some bad news. It's really the same piece of info that can be interpreted either way... We found a fantastic Pizza place this weekend, Glass Nickel Pizza Co. Oh my goodness! I had a half Feta-Licious half Mediterranean pie and it was superb! This could most definitely pose a problem on those days when I am tired and cranky and just want hot yummy food delivered to my door. You see, previously there just wasn't any place I was interested in ordering from so I was more likely to cook something healthy. And, if I get knocked up, that pesto pizza business is going to be too hard to resist. It's a good thing they have yummy salads or I would really be screwed.
I wonder if we have any left-overs in the fridge.... No, I must resist! Breakfast today will be cantaloupe and pineapple! Here is to a week of self control!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds ambitious! We had a 70 degree weekend so I got a lot of work done- Curt raked leaves and pine needles, Hayley mowed, I weeded gardens and replace broken fence pickets, scott power washed one side of the house to prep for paint. We should have had more kids so more work could get done. I also dug the grill out of the garage Sat and grilled burgers and veggies- yummy.
I wish I could go to Chicago but I spent all of my fun money in Florida. I hope you guys have fun.
You are not alone on the weight issues; I can't seem to break 160- it's mostly mental. Perhaps I need to go back to WW for a few weeks so I can get motivated.

phunmunki said...

70 degrees! I'm packing up my house and moving! This whole 40 and rainy thing is way, way old!