Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Thursday "YES! It's Summer!" Post

There's just something super yummy about summer food. All the super fresh produce is fantastic. And it makes eating healthy a whole lot more fun. Ella and I have been having a great time making dinners together. She really enjoys helping prepare the fruits and veggies. Her favorite "recipe" is making fruit kabobs: We cut all the fruit into chunks and then she skewers them on to the sticks.
Ron and I have been thinking about taking Ella camping but we just can't figure out when. It seems that every other weekend there is some event we have to attend so that the weekends we are home there are projects that need attention. Like finishing sanding the trim and baseboards in the former Neptune Suite then priming and painting. This Saturday we are taking a family trip to the MREA, then on Sunday Ron will go there solo for a conference thing while Ella and I have play dates with two friends. Janeta is coming over for a while in the afternoon and then Clio is coming after supper for a little slumber party. I really don't think I'll be getting ANY work done on that room.
Last night we went to watch the Wisconsin Beauty Queen Parade (Or maybe it's called the Miss Wisconsin Parade). It was so lame. Ella enjoyed the pretty ladies in their fancy dresses and waved to every single one of them, but it was soooooo boring. Who organizes these things anyway? There was a marching band, but they didn't even play music. It was a parade of the silent. The only noise was from the shriners and their motorcycle antics, which Ella was NOT impressed by. The only thing I found remotely entertaining was when the blood drive bus went past and they had some one in a costume as a DROP OF BLOOD walking down the street handing out flyers about the blood drive date. We didn't get a picture but, believe me, it was funny.
On to my Report To The General: This is a PMS week. I only have 1 more pound to lose this month (7 more days!) to reach my goal. I have a new plan of trying to lose 3-4 pounds a month. Those first three or so months on WW seemed like the pounds were just flying away, but everything has slowed down that I can't expect to lose 2-3 pounds a week anymore. I figure a slow and steady decline is a good way to approach it. I know I am making progress and I don't have to criticize myself for "only" losing .5 pounds some weeks. It's all moving in the right direction, right? I have been getting exercise, too. It feels good to be out doing fun things with Ella. We ride the bike to work everyday. We went flying kites and I was running to get that damn thing in the air... I have not actually run anywhere for any reason in five years! I even went roller skating on my old roller blades from my street hockey league days. I was wobbly, but it was fun and funny! Once I almost wiped out and went "Wooahaooahaa!" with my arms flailing in the air and Ella laughed SOOOOO HARD. She was all "Momma that was funny" and just giggling away. Very worth it.

4 comments:

LA said...

Awww...I LOVE the photos of you guys!!! Ella is such a big girl now, using a knife and helping in the kitchen and everything. Wow.

xoxox

phunmunki said...

Well, it was a butter knife, but yes. She is quite a good little helper and loves doing things with me. She's such a gem!

Anonymous said...

Nice pics on the site! They make me miss all of you and wish I could scrape up the gas $$ to toodle up to WI to see all of you. Yeah, do the camping thing! State parks are plentiful and cheap in WI, only about $11 a night for a tent site. Think of all the great photos and Ella would get a great kick out of it all.
Love & miss ya,
Chris

phunmunki said...

Last year we bought a family pass for cheap. I think we will do it again this year. I may take Ella camping by myself for a night when ROn is on a trip in July. But I don't like campgrounds... I like to be out by myself. I guess I was spoiled by all the great camping and back country trails in Washington. I need to find those spots in Wisconsin.
Have you been to Ella's blog?