Monday, May 08, 2006

More from our weekend and new stuff, too

Here is Ella's lovely Unicorn face painting.
And Eleanor and Sierra having a snack...
The cutest little sack racer in town!
So I was feeling so darn great on Friday with all my weight-loss progress and then I got on the scale this morning to a very frightening reality: Junk food makes me fat. I hope the 5 pound gain is due to PMS or something because besides that pasta for dinner on Sunday I didn't think I over indulged THAT much. Or perhaps my two pound loss was wrong? In which case I am only up three pounds? I think I need to restrict myself to Friday morning scale times ONLY to help counter little (or huge) day-to-day fluctuation. It's just so disheartening.
I pulled a muscle in my back. It could have been lugging around my bag on Saturday with all the extras in it, like juice boxes, sunscreen, sweatshirts, prizes, ballcaps, etc... Or from helping my friend Michelle on Sunday with some house project stuff, or from when Ron and I played catch with Ella (as the ball) over at Mandy and Justin's new place. All I know for sure is that it hurts pretty bad and I did not sleep well because of it. I don't even want to walk to work today because every step I take sends a shooting pain through the right side of my body. But I think I will walk, nice and slow with hardly anything in my bag, because I think a little gentle use will loosen up the spasm.
I have a million things to do today. Why are Mondays so darn busy? I bet I don't get to half my list. I better have a cup of coffee and rethink my list.

5 comments:

M.A.Trotter said...

I think Monday is always busy because EVERYBODY has had all weekend to think about what they want to get done. They go to do it on Monday and so you're stuck with all YOU want to get done plus what THEY all want you to do.

phunmunki said...

I suppose you're right: I acompleted tasks for me, my husband, my daughter, & my boss. Oh, and my siblings... Are you recovered from Tulip Time?

LA said...

Those pics are terrific! Yeah for super weekends!!

Anonymous said...

Thursday Report: -2. That's good since I've been on a depressing plateau for awhile. Got any nice plans for Mother's Day? We're going to attend an extended family picnic and this will give me the opportunity to avoid my mother!
Chris

phunmunki said...

Great Job! I think I am going to be the same as last Friday, which is just fine because I will be at my new low. I don't know what was wrong with my scale on Monday. SOme wierd fluke.
Mother's Day we will either have brunch with Grandma Peg at Fratello's or not. It all depends on how she feels at the moment. NO other plans have been made. Ron asked me what I wanted, though, and I said new summer sheets. Our old set was about 10 years old and I threw em out when I put the flannels on in November. I really need linen sheets.
Have fun avoiding your mother!