Monday, January 08, 2007

The Party (Fake Birthday)

Ella had her birthday party on Saturday Jan 6th. She called it her "Fake Birthday" because her real birthday is not until the 11th. Here are some pictures... She wanted a chocolate cheesecake so I baked her one. It was super yummy and she liked it so very much that she wants me to make another one for Thursday. I said I would.
Here she is all dressed up for the party and eating strawberries. She looked super pretty, but this picture didn't turn out so well.
Here is a shot of the kids making crowns.
It was fun. Ella and her guests had a great time. I still can't believe that she's going to be FIVE! I just look at her and am amazed by how grown up she seems and is still my little baby. I'll take about a thousand more pictures on the 11th, and probably a movie or two, so check back in for more of Ella's birthday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Weekly report - up +1. The basically means that after a year I'm still right back where I started. Feels a bit like spinning one's wheels, eh? Some more unsettling news: on Tuesday, Robin Martin announced she will retire in July, then my older brother called to say he's joining the friggin' Army. Like, WHAT?!?!?!?
Chris

phunmunki said...

Ouch! Life really does have a bite sometimes. Sorry to hear about all the terrible news. I figured Robin would be retiring sometime soon, but what in the HELL is your brother thinking?
After my 15 months (with a few months off for summer festivities) I am down a total of 26 pounds. I am still quite chunky and at times feel as if I am making no progress at all, but I don't feel like crap all the time so must be somewhat healthier, right? Hang in there, I am totally rooting for you!

Anonymous said...

I showed Carl the photos from Ella's party and he wanted to be there soooooo bad! He just doesn't understand that it is kind of far away...I mean, look, there you are! Anyway, sorry to have missed the bash, happy 5th, Ella, we're all so proud of you and love you lots. -Jenny and the Levelwinds
(I'll show Henry the pics later, he's at school right now)