Thursday, August 03, 2006

Does every post have to have a title? I can't think of one for today.
My big push at losing the rest of my weigh before my shopping trip is NOT GOING WELL. I have lost all ambition and hope. I think I am stalled out on WW and need some crazy new plan. It's been so hot that I have not wanted to exercise or be anywhere near the outdoors. I have been biking or walking to work, but the constant threat of thunderstorms has had me riding home in the car with Ron and Ella instead of risking getting her soaked or hailed on. Part of my failure has to do with my albatross, whom I have named "Really Good Beer", and the other is the loss of my constant partner in this mission, Liz. When I started on the WW plan last October I was all gung-ho and had the General & Liz by my side. So I need a new strategy and a new support group. And less beer. I gained five pounds over the fourth of July holiday and have not been able to lose it. I am thinking of joining an on-line group that costs $4 a week. Or maybe going back to WW meetings. Things are going to be more difficult this next month when Ella has no day care and therefore my days are less routine. See, routine is good for me. I wonder how the general manages it running that daycare out of her home.
On the positive side of things: today's high is supposed to be mid-eighties and no thunderstorms! I have to walk into work because I left my bike there on Tuesday (rain and hail in the afternoon) but Ella and I should have a nice ride home. If the weather is good on Friday I'll pack a picnic and we can ride to the park to play and have lunch.
I need to get the treadmill set back up. I stored it away when we started working on that guest room thinking it would be finished in July. I should just put it in the empty, half finished room, and use it for 30 minutes each morning before work. I used to do an hour, but my work schedule has changed and now I open then center every day, so 30 minutes is all I can squeeze in. But I could do the other 30 in the evenings... I'll have to ask the family what they think of that idea. What would be super great is if I had a walking partner. A pal who is willing to go for a walk with me every evening around 6:30. Then if E wants to come along she can ride in the stroller or something. And I would not be tempted to have those evening beers. Hey, maybe Ron would be my walking buddy?
Instead of walking I blogged this morning. Blogged about how I should be walking. Man, I gotta prioritize! I'm off to get ready for work.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dear, I have full and complete faith in you. You are much stronger and have more willpower than you're giving yourself credit for so put down the goddam beer! Here's a treadmill tip: Christopher and I took my old TV and old VCR/DVD player from my house and yoked it onto the wall in front of the treadmill. Now all there is to do is pop a movie in while walking and the time just whizzes by! Try this, too - go to bed at 8:00 each night and get up at 5, do your walk until 6, shower and get ready for the day by 7.

Okay okay okay; that sounds like a little slice of hell for most folks but statistics show that those who exercise in the mornings stick with it over the long haul a ridiculous amount of time longer than those evening exercisers. Plus you've got a great energy-boost for the day. So get yer butt out there and keep walking!!!!
Chris

phunmunki said...

Thanks for the butt kicking! Okay. No beer, go to bed early, wake up and exercise! I could make that work. I should put the tready in the basement, though, so I don't wake the family. I'll see if Ron will help me move it this weekend.

phunmunki said...

Oh, and thanks. I mean it. Encouragement always helps.