Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Travel dreams on a limited budget

Now I can officially blab to the world that the Levelwinds are going to have another baby. So World, that's the news. It is awesome!
I want to drive there this weekend, but don't have the money or a husband to make the trip. I may pass on it and just see them when they roll through town in August. From here they are heading to Seattle and I wonder if Ella and I can tag along. I miss Seattle more than mere words can express... But how would I manage those finances? They have a mini van so if they don't take the dog we may just fit. How would I get the time off work? Maybe I could flex the time, as they call it. Who am I kidding... I can't go to Seattle. But I would love to. And it would be a fun trip with Henry and Carl. But Jenny and I go a little wild out there... Oh, wait, she's knocked up so wont be too wild. And we do have kids these days. So it would just be fun.
We have come up with the plan of trying our damnedest to make this house real purty and then just putting it on the market to see what happens. We don't have to move or anything, but we know this house is not our dream home and we want to be on a quieter street and maybe have a garage. And if we don't sell it wouldn't hurt us. We would just have a purtier home to live in!

Plans, plans, plans. I keep trying to get $50k but so far no one has written me that magical check.

4 comments:

M.A.Trotter said...

Make it pretty. Sell the house in this inflated market and then buy some beautiful house by the water.

Anonymous said...

Tell your friend "congratulations" on her pregnancy, it's always so exciting. Weekly report: down -1. I'll take it. :)

On the down side, I found out the day before yesterday that I didn't get tickets to Antiques Roadshow, so my aunt & I & two other girlfriends are all going to go camping by ourselves for a weekend. No husbands, no kids, no pets, no cooking no cleaning no laundry, just lots of alcohol and swimming in the lake and eating out and hours reading by the water. Sounds like a little slice of heaven and I'm actually glad it turned out this way instead of standing in long lines at the convention center. :)
Chris

phunmunki said...

She may just read your comment... I have never spent a weekend away from Ella. Well, that's not true. A few months back I spent a night away from her when I met my sis and cousin in Chicago, and last weekend she spent the night at her friend Clio's. But I think your camping weekend sounds divine! Where are you going to camp? Oh, and thanks for sending the pictures. What a great baby you have!

LA said...

Am SO totally pumped for the Levelwinds spawning forth another sweet baby. It's super.

We are traveling to glorious Peoria Illnois soon. It's going to be fab. Other than that, it's going to be see you guys and maybe on to CT for a visit to the GPs. Honestly, Steve and I aren't too big on traveling (if you haven't guessed that yet) but I aim to change that when E gets bigger. It's important to show her the world is bigger than her back yard.