Friday, November 11, 2005

Stitch -n- Bitch

I am really looking forward to next semester. We, The Women's Center, are going to host a knitting group for an hour once a week! Hurrah! I got out my needles and yard, along with my book that teaches kids to knit, and spent about 4 hours knitting 8 rows of 50. So slow, yet very rewarding. I have always wanted to be proficient at knitting and am hoping that this group will give me some skills. If I lived in Minne I could join the International Craft Conspiracy but I am much too far away. Maybe I should send them pics of Ella's Halloween costume? I think that is such a cool group of women.
I talked to LA yesterday and got all excited about painting my dining room again. Maybe I should just skip worrying about finishing those stairways and start in on the job? I don't think Ron would be too hip on that idea, but I think I could get it all done in a week, depending on the wallpaper situation. I really think stripping it is the right thing to do. I could make cushions for the bench seat! I could put some wonderful art work of Ella's on the walls! I have big dreams for that space. I wonder when my parents are going to visit again... If I could get Mom to hang out with E and Dad to help me do the job correctly... There I go again, off in dream land, imagining a perfect world.

1 comment:

M.A.Trotter said...

Knitting is the coolest.